Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in California

In 2007 I have 4 wisdom teeth removed by oral surgeon. I found out today, there was a cyst on the xray that the oral surgeon took. She did not do anything about the cyst and last monday I had to have emergency surgery to remove a large Dentigherous cyst with cystic ameloblastoma. There are no notes about the original cyst., I was told this should have been removed when the wisdom teeth were removed. Due to this, I had to have jaw bone cut out and am looking at more surgeries due to the ameloblastoma recurrs. This oral surgeon was 'let go' by the original surgeons and is practicing elsewhere and has another malpractice suit going on.

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Michael Wasserman Michael Wasserman, Esq.

If the radiograph in 2007 shows the cyst and the oral surgeon missed it, you have have a claim for dental malpractice. It does not matter that the "oral surgeons" let her go or that she is elsewhere. If you wish to discuss, you can go to my website at www.toothlawyer.com which has my contact information.

Michael Wasserman

Felicia Curran Law Offices of Felicia C. Curran

If it's shown on the xray, the surgeon is responsible for dealing with it and informing you about it. He committed malpractice by failing to do so. There is an excellent dental malpractice attorney, Ed Zinman, in San Francisco. Ed is also a dentist, so he's extremely well qualified for this type of case. His website is www.toothattorney.com. He takes cases on a contingency fee. Give him a call.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in California