Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in California

The dentist told us my husband needed all of his teeth pulled, and would have to have dentures. They made a set of immediate dentures which were so loose that they fell right off any time he opened his mouth, we came back for several appointments to do relines, which were very hastily done, and obviously they could not be made to fit. The dentist told us that the dentures were made properly and that even if they made a new set they will not fit. He said my husband needs implants, and no dentures will ever fit him.

My husband is terminally ill and will probably not be able to withstand implants. Shouldn't the dentist at least attempt to make a set of dentures that fit?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Phillip Wheeler Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law- caonlinelawyer.com

The dentist should start what he finished; however, if he doesn't then you should be reimbursed for not obtaining the care he needed. In other words, the dentist needs to start what he finished and if he can't, you should receive your money back.

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

You should get a second opinion and consider legal action. He could've done the implants to begin with instead of extracting all his teeth. Something doesn't sound right here.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in California