California  |  Military Law

If I was charged with assault with means to produce great bodily injury and false imprisonment with violence could I get the record sealed and qualify for the army? These are juvenile charges.

Answered on: 5/05/13, 9:33 pm by Kelvin Green

It really doesn't matter if the record is sealed. You will end up providing the disposition and requesting a moral waiver... It will be up to the Army to grant a waiver but in a drawdown environment you will face an up hill battle.

The Law Office of Kelvin Green . California Bar #286285, CA ..

Answered on: 5/05/13, 9:53 pm by Jacob Kiani

They also sound like they may be felonies, or at least "wobblers," so that will make it more difficult as well.

If you just got misdemeanor disorderly conduct for being drunk in public or something, it would be a different story, but these crimes have "violence" attached to them so he's right, it will most likely be an uphill battle.

Law Office of Jacob I. Kiani 468 North Camden Drive, Suite 200 Beverly Hills, CA 90210