Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

On 2/22/2011 my son was riding home on his scooter, he was in the parking lot of Mimi's restaurant when he jumped a planter box and fell, he had an open compound fracture to his arm and a lacerated chin! I just got paperwork from a law firm who I found out works for my employers insurance. They are requesting alot of personal information and for me to fill out and sign a reimbursement form? Why? Do I need a lawyer of my own I am confused!

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Ben Glen Law Offices of Ben Glen

I would need to know more information to answer your question fully and correctly; however, it may be that your health insurance through your employer believes that a claim is being made by you on behalf of your son against Mimi's or some other potential defendant. In such a situation, the insurance company might have the right to be reimbursed from any compensation provided for your son.

Feel free to give me a call to discuss without obligation.

Kind regards,

Ben Glen

(925)957-6732

If you did not sue, but the health insurer paid for medical coverage, they may have exercised what is known as "subrogation" and may be pursuing Mimi's as a third party to recover the expenses for your son's care. I would have to review the paperwork to be sure.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California