Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

On 2/22/2011 my son was riding home on his scooter, he was in the parking lot of Mimi's restaurant when he jumped a planter box and fell, he had an open compound fracture to his arm and a lacerated chin! I just got paperwork from a law firm who I found out works for my employers insurance. They are requesting alot of personal information and for me to fill out and sign a reimbursement form? Why? Do I need a lawyer of my own I am confused!

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

Ben Glen Law Offices of Ben Glen, PC

I would need to know more information to answer your question fully and correctly; however, it may be that your health insurance through your employer believes that a claim is being made by you on behalf of your son against Mimi's or some other potential defendant. In such a situation, the insurance company might have the right to be reimbursed from any compensation provided for your son.

Feel free to give me a call to discuss without obligation.

Kind regards,

Ben Glen

(925)957-6732

If you did not sue, but the health insurer paid for medical coverage, they may have exercised what is known as "subrogation" and may be pursuing Mimi's as a third party to recover the expenses for your son's care. I would have to review the paperwork to be sure.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California