Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Should an assisted facility resident pursue a lawsuit for personal injury due to injuries from being dropped by the facility staff?

Asked on 4/11/12, 2:33 pm

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

5 Answers from Attorneys

Hong Shen Roberts Law Group
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If it is due to their intentional or negligent behavior then yes. A personal injury attorney should be consulted before answering one way or the other.

Read more
4/11/12, 2:36 pm
J. Caleb Donner Donner & Donner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There are two aspects of such a case: liability and damages.

The first question of liability asks, "who is at fault". If the staff was negligent in moving the injured person then there is likely liability.

The second question is whether there are damages. Was the person injured as a result of the fall and what was the nature and extent of such injuries?

You should contact an attorney to discuss the options.

Let me know if you would like to discuss the matter.



J. Caleb Donner



910 Hampshire Road, Suite R

Westlake Village, CA 91361

Tel: 805-494-6557

Fax: 805-494-0990




This reply constitutes legal information for education purposes and does NOT constitute legal advice nor establish an attorney-client relationship. We will only represent you based on a written retainer agreement. Therefore, you should contact this office to discuss representation if you do want legal advice/representation.

Read more
4/11/12, 2:43 pm
Joel Selik
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

YES. I have handled Nursing Home and relate cases for over 15 years.

Read more
4/11/12, 3:03 pm
Jeremy Hanson Law Offices of Jeremy K. Hanson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. Assisted care givers cannot simply drop a loved one. They have safety procedures and protocol they must adhere to. I have handled nursing home cases for well over a decade. Please call. 951-688-0006

Read more
4/12/12, 8:17 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


If only your pride was hurt, no.

If you suffered medical / physical injuries requiring treatment or causing disability, then yes certainly. If serious about doing so, feel free to contact me.

Read more
4/12/12, 11:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88283 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now