Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Back in 2011, I was a Santa Claus under contract to work in a mall location.

The maintenance workers left out an extension cord , I fell face forward and damaged my right hand wrist.

I have had 3 surgeries ( the last one with a screw and 1/2 inch of bone cut out ) and maybe one more next year.?

My Attorney has agreed to Mediation but after talking to another person they said mediation is a waste of time and

I should be going through Arbitration or litigation ... What are your thoughts , Thanks ...

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

Rob Reed Law Office of Robert A. Reed

Mediation/arbitration is a part of the litigation process. It is a good shot at trying to resolve the case before trial. Mediation and not arbitration is the standard method now in the Socal area. Go for it, and good luck.

David Sarnoff Sarnoff + Sarnoff

I disagree wholeheartedly with whoever told you that mediation is a waste of time. Regardless of the validity of the claims you may have in your case, there is always a risk that you will lose, and mediation helps avoid those risks. Mediation is a non-binding effort by the parties, through the use of a neutral third-party (the mediator) to settle claims in your case and avoid any risks. The mediator has no authority to force you to take any amount of money as settlement. He/She can only try to get the parties to agree.

Of course, there are some mediations that are a waste of time, but the majority of them are not. Also, arbitration is much more like a trial and is generally binding on the parties. If the arbitrator rules against you, the case is over and you lose. I would personally rather have a jury decide my case than a single person.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California