Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I took a friend to help me get some things from my place i sold. The new owners have pit bulls. And my friend was severly mauled. I couldnt do a thing bu take him to hospital. Ive. Never been afraid of dogs or taking walks but now i am. I miss my eav inv walks. Can i get compinsated?

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Joel Selik www.SelikLaw.com

The law limits damages to viewing horrific matters to close relatives. If you were afraid for yourself you may have a lawsuit.

Michael Stone-Molloy The Lion's Law Office

Your friend has an automatic case against the dog owner, who is strictly liable for bites by his dog. You, on the other hand, will have to prove that the owner was in some way negligent, and that his negligence caused you to be severely afraid for your personal safety. This kind of claim is called "negligent infliction of emotional distress." Depending on the facts and circumstances of the event, you may have a case. Another very important issue is whether or not this dog owner has insurance. Both you and your friend should call me right away. (877) LION FOR LAW (546-6367) or email michael@thelionslaw.com

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

A bystander can only recover for negligent infliction of emotional distress if they are closely related to the victim, are present and aware of the injury, and suffer emotional distress as a result. Thing vs. La Chusa, 48 Cal.3d 644 (1989).

Your friend on the other hand, is a different story.

Feel free to contact me should you have further questions.

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

No, but she certainly can.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California