California  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/15/12, 2:26 pm


I live in southern california.

A few months back I had a car accident where I was hit by a car and pushed up against a side walk and hit an utility post that broke. Now my insurance only covered for 10,000 and the damages to the other car were 17,000. I paid the rest for the other car's damage but a couple of months go by and I get an Itemized receipt from Edison for the amount of 9,000 for replacing the utility post. I dont have any money left to pay anything and I cant get a loan. I talked to someone from edison electricity company and they said that they could work with me but I would have to pay within a year and after that they would have to go to court to rule a judgment against me. Does that mean i get sued? and if so do they add their legal fees to the 9 grand i already owe?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance


Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search