Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I was injured in Aug 09. My husband was incarcerated at that time until October 10. When he was released we found out that we no longer could have intercourse due to my back injuries. He now also does the cooking, shopping, cleaning and is my chauffeur. We have been married for 30 years. When does the statute of limitation start for a Loss of Consortium claim. Is it the time of the accident or when he got out of prison?

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Joel Selik www.SelikLaw.com

The time limit might be tolled while he is in prison, but it is generall 2 years, and it might have to be brought with your claim. Caution: many attorneys will not take a case where the plaintiff was in prison.

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

You each have two years to bring your injury claims, from date of injury. His claim allso depends upon the date of your claim. Sounds like you are both 1/2 year too late.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California