Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Hello - I was just involved in a hit and run car accident. It occurred on my work premises (leaving work parking lot at 1am) the other driver hit my car then took off. we have the accident on security cameras so he has been tracked down - he was a contract security employee at my work. LAPD are going to arrest him. My car is totalled, I have to pay a $750 deductable, I am missing work to shop for new cars, i'm having soreness in my lower back and my rental car isn't covered by my insurance. What steps can/ should I take to make sure to cover all of my losses for this accident on top of damages that my car insurance is covering? Thank you!!!!

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. Fransen & Molinaro, LLP

If a person is hit by a motor vehicle while that person is working and is doing so on private property, there can be several sources of recovery... the driver of the offending vehicle, said driver's insurance company, the employer's work comp carrier, the employer, the owner of the private property, and said owner's insurance. I may have missed some here, but one gets the idea. Since the majority of potential sources of recovery would fall under personal injury, a personal injury attorney would be the type of lawyer to consult. Should there be problems with work comp coverage, then a work comp attorney may be needed.

Fortunately, many of us personal injury types offer free consultations and take personal injury cases on contingency. Thus, there is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.

Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker

Fransen & Molinaro, LLP

980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206

Corona, CA 92879

(951)520-9684

www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Michael Stone-Molloy The Lion's Law Office

The simplest and easiest thing to do is hire a lawyer. We handle all vehicle damage and rental issues for FREE. We only take fees on your personal injury recovery, and even then, it's only when you make a recovery first. You never go out-of-pocket for anything. We will make sure your car is fixed to your satisfaction, that your rental bill is reimbursed, and that you get your medical treatment paid for, as well as any lost wages, and of course your pain & suffering. Call me and I will be glad to go over the details of your case: (877) LION FOR LAW (546-6367)

ARMAN MOHEBAN LAW OFFICES OF ARMAN MOHEBAN

The first thing you need to do is to get an appointment and see a doctor to document your pain and suffering. This is best handled by an experienced attorney who will refer to a doctor on lien basis with no advanced cost to you. Feel free to call us at 213.388.7070 for a free consultation.

Rob Reed Law Office of Robert A. Reed

My office is in Sherman Oaks - I'd be glad to meet with you to discuss.

Robert Kubler The Kubler Law Firm

"What steps can/ should I take to make sure to cover all of my losses for this accident on top of damages that my car insurance is covering?"

First step is to create a file of all your expenses/damages from lost earnings, rental car to medical bills. Second about "soreness in my lower back" Diagnosis for this stuff takes awhile. You could have some misalignment and require therapy yearly chiropractor visits, etc. You should consult a doctor.

If you want further help and to know what a lawyer can do for you, feel free to email me at info@robkublerlaw.com or call at 424-757-4LAW.

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

If it is mostly damage to the vehicle, with a minor amount of 'medical bills' and wage loss, you can file in small claims court for up to $10k. You must notify your insurance company. You'll cooperate with police in the criminal case when requested.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California