Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

A medical drug lead to kidney cancer

I am a 34 year old male. I have recently been diagnosed with kidney cancer (I have already undergone surgery for this). I believe that this is the result of using a very popular drug from a mega pharma company in 2001. This drug is relatively very new. I used this drug for 4 to 5 months in that year. I had severe hair loss in 2 - 3 months after I started taking this drug. This particular side affect was not mentioned in the literature of that drug. I got scared and approached a doctor who just ran some blood tests and said I am fine. Soon, I stopped taking that drug. I do not have any other medical problems. No history of any form of cancer in our family. My parents and siblings are hale and hearty and still alive. Before starting this drug in 2001 I happened to undergo an ultrasound test of abdomen for ''indigestion and gas'' problem. The test indicated that my kidneys are fine. This cancer seem to have started growing only since then. And, this is the only drug that I have taken for this long time (otherwise, also I hardly used any other drug). I would like to sue this company for causing this cancer to me. Any suggestion as to how to go about this will be appreciated.

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Philip Iadevaia Law Offices of Philip A. Iadevaia

Re: A medical drug lead to kidney cancer

While suits against drug companies and doctors are expensive, you may be able to find a lawfirm to represent you on a contingency basis. Also, if you get the right lawfirm, they may already know of a class action suit against the maker of the drug - or at least know its history. Call me if you'd like to discuss consulting with a plaintiff's lawfirm regarding your injuries.

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

An attorney will have to hire experts to check out the drug and review all of the tests of the pharmaceutical company to see if this was an undisclosed result. If under a doctor's supervision, you might have a med mal claim against the doctor. Seek out an attorney who specializes in suing big pharma companies. He or she would know the ropes and hurdles.

Christopher M. Brainard, Esq. Law Offices of C. M. Brainard - (310) 266-4115

What's the drug? Have they determined that the drug causes cancer? Experts cost money.

David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

Lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies are very costly and require expensive experts. However, it is imperative that you do contact an attorney to explore whether or not you have a case. I work with an attorney who specializes in such matters. Please feel free to contact my office at, 818.385.0520.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California