California  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/09/13, 11:41 pm

I was in motorcycle accident and 100% not at fault. My medical bills were $9,000. My insurance company wants $6,000 reimbursement. Other driver's insurance has offered $18,000. They say that this settlement is based on $6,000 in medical bills (not $9,000 billed) pursuant to California state law. What law are they referring to? Is this a good settlement? The cost of my motorcycle and geat has been paid separately.

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at

4 Answers

Answered on: 7/09/13, 11:48 pm by Steven Sweat

Insurance companies always argue down the value of the medical bills by arguing that the "reasonable value" of the medical service may not necessarily equate with what was billed. This is especially true if any of the medical charges went through private health insurance due to some recent case law (Howell v. Hamilton Meat Co.). The value of your case depends upon a lot of facts that can't be properly disclosed in this type of format. Your best bet would be to consult with an attorney and provide them copies of the medical records, bills and any reports providing a description of your injuries and treatment and a prognosis for your recovery. Most attorneys, including myself, will offer a free consultation.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Glotzer & Sweat, LLP 280 S. Beverly Drive Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 7/10/13, 10:24 am by Armen Tashjian

You should have asked the adjuster what California law he or she was referring to. As mentioned above, insurance companies always low ball claims. Your best bet is to get a lawyer who will maximize your recovery. If you need free advice don't hesitate to contact me.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian 6311 Wilshire Blvd., Second Floor Los Angeles, CA 90048

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 7/10/13, 11:06 am by Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.

A good personal injury attorney should not only understand the law applying to the claim/lawsuit but fully understand the medical damages associated with the injury. Trauma can affect many body parts, vary in severity, vary in long term complications and sequelae. To better one’s chances for a full and fair recovery, one must have an attorney who knows what to ask for from the defendant – compensation for all bodily harms and future medical care that will be needed.

We personal injury lawyers offer free consultations. We handle cases on a contingent basis. We actually love the game, the battling, the negotiations, the tactics, etc. An injured person should just worry about getting better.

When someone is getting sums of $9,000.00 and $18,000.00 thrown around, we are talking about a decent sum of money and that means an experienced personal injury attorney would be advantageous in getting the just amount.

Fortunately, many of us personal injury attorneys offer free consultations and take cases on contingency. Thus, there is nothing to fear when calling.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.

Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker

Fransen & Molinaro, LLP

4160 Temescal Canyon Road, Suite 306

Corona, CA 92833

(951)520-9684 /

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Fransen & Molinaro, LLP 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206 Corona, CA 92879

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 7/10/13, 9:57 pm by John Laurie

In order to answer your question the attorney is going to need to know the nature and extent of your injuries. If you would like to consult with my office you may call us at 818 345-0123

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Gertz and Laurie 18321 Ventura Boulevard Suite 900 Tarzana, CA 91356

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search