Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

My son if 15 years old was convinced by his 15 year old friend to take the keys for our car in the middle of the night while everyone is a sleep and they both along with a third 15 year old friend went driving the car recklessly and the friend of my son who was driving the car had an accident that totaled the car and destroyed an electric pole. The police gave the kid (my son's friend who was driving the car) a large violation ticket. but our insurance told us that we take on the liability for the whole accident as our son gave the keys to his friend to drive the car and our son was in the car during the accident. Do we face any legal liability from the parents of my son's friends even though we did not give him permission

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Yes, you will be liable for much of this. Turn it over to your insurance and hope for the best.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California