Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

My son if 15 years old was convinced by his 15 year old friend to take the keys for our car in the middle of the night while everyone is a sleep and they both along with a third 15 year old friend went driving the car recklessly and the friend of my son who was driving the car had an accident that totaled the car and destroyed an electric pole. The police gave the kid (my son's friend who was driving the car) a large violation ticket. but our insurance told us that we take on the liability for the whole accident as our son gave the keys to his friend to drive the car and our son was in the car during the accident. Do we face any legal liability from the parents of my son's friends even though we did not give him permission

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Yes, you will be liable for much of this. Turn it over to your insurance and hope for the best.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California