California  |  Personal Injury

Can I sue my stepmother for abusing me physically, emotionally, and psychologically when I was around 6-9 years old?

I am current;y 26 years and I reside in California.

This happened in Massachusetts and she is still there.

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Answered on: 7/22/13, 5:10 pm by Edward Hoffman

Your question is about the law of Massachusetts, not California. California law does not govern events that took place in Massachusetts, and California courts likely have no jurisdiction over your stepmother. (Even if they somehow do, it is almost certainly for reasons unrelated to your claims.) Please re-post your question under Massachusetts law, as I suggested earlier today.

Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman 11755 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1250 Los Angeles, CA 90025