Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

on Tuesday 10/1, I was walking from work. While in the crosswalk, I was hit by a car. Luckily there are no broken bones, but I was taken to the hospital for x-rays and told I had a sprained wrist. I am unsure what my next step is. I do not have health insurance, so I asked my car insurance company to file a claim but am unsure If they will-still waiting for a response. I do not have access to a follow up doctor, and would like to get to a chiropractor for back/neck pain that I have been feeling since the day after. The driver of the car admitted fault to the police officers. I am looking for help regarding what my next step should be.

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

BARRY BESSER LAW OFFICES OF BARRY I. BESSER

If you have Med-Pay coverage on your auto insurance, that should cover some or all of your medical bills, depending on what they are and will be. Your insurance doesn't actually file a claim on your behalf, however, if they pay out of their Med-Pay policy, they may go after the adverse driver for reimbursement. Assuming that the adverse driver has auto insurance, you would make a claim through them, but it is doubtful that they would advance money towards your medical treatment. You should contact a Personal Injury attorney in your area.

BARRY BESSER

www.besserlaw.com

Rob Reed Law Office of Robert A. Reed

A personal injury attorney can refer you to a doctor who will take a lien on your case and not require upfront payment. Contact an atty asap.

You need to file a claim, and not settle it until your medical issues are resolved. If necessary you may want to consult with a personal injury attorney. Personal injury attorneys take these kinds of cases on a contingency basis, but get paid out of any settlement or judgment that you would receive.

Michael Stone-Molloy The Lion's Law Office

People without health insurance are particularly in need of hiring an attorney when injured in accidents, because when an attorney vouches for the merits of the case, some doctors will agree to treat the patient "on a lien" (which means, they send the bill to the lawyer and not to collections). You go through all your treatment and the lawyer collects the bills, and in the end makes a settlement demand on the responsible person's insurance. The settlement then pays your legal and medical costs, and you also get a payment for your pain and suffering. I can help you with all of this, so give me a call and we can get you set up. (877) LION FOR LAW (546-6367) or email michael@thelionslaw.com

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

In cases like these I usually locate a chiropractor near client's area who will treat the client on a lien basis. Meaning he/she will defer payment until the case is over.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California