Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

It has been three years in a personal injury case. I just found out my case was consolidated with another persons, how can I unconsolidated the case?

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

If the facts are completely different -- i.e. a different accident -- you can petition the court to sever (or bifurcate) the cases. Usually, if your injuries are the result of the same accident, it makes sense to try the cases together so the decision will be consistent regarding who was at fault. You can present your own set of damages -- i.e. injuries and personal property damages, which the trier of fact usually is asked to determine for each person based upon their specific evidence.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California