Your browser doesn't support JavaScript or JavaScript support has been disabled. You must enable JavaScript to use this application.

Legal Question in Product Liability in California

About 2 weeks ago my husband was attempting to take off the glass diffuser on our Minka Aire ceiling fan, because the bulb had burned out. The directions in the instruction booklet clearly says "to install the glass diffuser, turn it clockwise until it locks in place", so my husband was turning it counter-clockwise to try to remove it. It would not come off and he kept trying to take it off when the glass shattered and cut one of his fingers badly enough for him to receive several stitches. One of the pieces of glass was big enough for my husband to see that he needed to turn it counter-clockwise to install it, and we ordered the exact replacement diffuser which does require it to be turned counter-clockwise to install it. Does my husband have any legal recourse against the manufacturer?

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 113

Filename: ads/dbaccess.php

Line Number: 13

Fatal Error: I could not connect to the specified database server because: