Legal Question in Product Liability in California

I recently bought a tv from someone I found online for $300. On a site a lot like Craigslist. The person said there was nothing wrong with the tv and it worked perfectly. When I got home and hooked the tv up. After about 20min of watching it got all fuzzy and wavy. Long story short the tv dose not work. I spoke with the guy and told him the situation and asked for my money back. He said no, it wasn't his problem. I have all the emails from before the purchase. Saying there was nothing wrong and it would work great. And I have all of the texts after saying he wouldn't give the money back. I have three witnesses (two of witch I do not know on a personal level and one that is a close friend.) that helped move the tv and heard him say it worked and know I didn't break it while it was in my care. I would like to know if this is worth taking to small claims court. Also If I have a chance of winning. I would only be asking for the 300 I payef for the tv and whatever court fees that come from this. Thank you Anthony davis

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Only you can decided if it's worth your time and trouble over $300, but it is a classic type of case for small claims and it sounds like you have a good case put together.

More Products Liability questions and answers in California

Products Liability Legal Forms