Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

My 5th Wheel RV

Last year my boyfriend and I bought an RV. The RV is in my name, however, he has made all the payments. We are no longer together, and I want to ensure he continues to make the payments, since he is still living in the RV. What can I do to ensure he continues to make the payemnts?

Asked on 4/30/07, 9:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: My 5th Wheel RV

I would say the most obvious thing is for you to sell it to him - get rid of whatever legal interest you have.

You do not say which of you appears on the title or which of you signed the loan papers; also you didn't say if you are still on speaking terms. All of this will obviously have an important bearing upon whether you can just get yourself 100% out of the deal easily, or not.

You also didn't say whether you put any money into the original purchase that you'd like to get back.

Although as a 5th wheel this unit is not self-driveable, it would still be considered a motor vehicle in California, and you may have some public liability exposure if he doesn't keep it insured, not to mention property damage worries.

Read more
Answered on 4/30/07, 12:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now