California  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/30/13, 4:47 pm

I am an architect and my client would like to build an apartment building on a residential lot zoned appropriately. The lot is long and skinny. The short side is on a busy street, the long side is on a private road. His property does not have easement rights to the private road. We want to write an "easement grant deed" and get the neighbor owner to sign it. What is the proper wording for the access he wants? So far we are calling it "unrestricted access including but not limited to ingress, egress and utility purposes." Is that enough to cover all issues related to the new apartment building and construction for access to the private road? ~ thanks

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search