California  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/24/13, 11:06 am

I just bought my first home. In my title documents, under the subsection entitled "Matters" - is a well water sharing and repair agreement. This agreement was made by a family who used to own my land many decades ago before my house was built. I am not named on this agreement. The agreement is recorded at my County Recorders office under the former owners' name and attached to my title.

The agreement indicates that my property shares my private well water with a railroad right-of-way leasee's house. Note: The well and equipment are on my land. I pay the pump electricity and maintain the functions of the well.

Can I ask the railroad right-of-way leasee to find another source of water for their home? Thank You

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search