Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

In California. Signed a 12 month lease for a 2 bed apartment with another person. Would like to move out and have the lease reassigned to the other tenant and another person. The lease terms have a section "Assignment and Sublease" and specifies to acquire consent, which should not be unreasonably denied. When contacted the landlord, they consent to subleasing but not assignment, when asked for a reason they don't provide any and say "they just don't do it". Is that legal?

Asked on 8/13/13, 12:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can hire an attorney to challenge this and ask the reasons why. If you are in So Cal feel free to give me a call 818 345-0123

Read more
Answered on 8/13/13, 10:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now