California  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/22/05, 3:40 pm

code enforcement

I bought a new home on a truck route so I could have access for my trucks (2) I am not allowed to pull onto my property with my truck, I am not allowed to have trucks deliver or pick up cars, I am not allowed to conduct any type of business here, I have since lost my accounts due to harassment, I am unable to work, or support my family, I was told by the developer that my truck would be o.k. I did not check with the city, my fault.. But now I am at a loss.. I do not want to sell...there are churches, apts. and the city offices are down the street, trucks fly by all the time. I would like to re-zone, I would like to fight the case against me, my wife is a realtor, they won't give her a home office license either.. This is open area, the desert, a new city ordinance and I don't know what to do..

1 Answer

Answered on: 12/22/05, 3:57 pm by H.M. Torrey

Re: code enforcement

You definitely bring some valid points to the "table" regarding having your property at issue rezoned. However, the petition and process can be fairly expensive and lengthy, and without any guarantees naturally. If you would like further assistance in this matter, contact us directly for a free consultation.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Law Offices of H.M. Torrey 800 West El Camino Real, Suite 180 Mountain View, CA 94040

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search