California  |  Real Estate Law

my father passed and my uncle is trying to take my home. there is a joint tenancy grant deed in which i was added to in jan2013. on one copy my name is correct and the other the last half of my name is left off. what rights do i have to keep my home? how do i fix this so my uncle cant take it away from me? i was the sole caretaker of my father for 11 yrs with no outside help from family or anyone else. now my uncle is trying to get me out of the house ive been living in and my father has been paying the property taxes on since 1960. my uncle hasnt paid a dime towards this property but feels entitled to take it for whatever its worth and leave me high and dry and out on the street. two ther family memebers names are on the deed as well but they both have passed. the family it was passed onto has agreed to give their shares to me. how do i correct the misspelling of my name and get my uncle off my back? im in need of immediate help. please contact me asap.

Answered on: 8/13/13, 4:23 pm by Gary R. White

You need to contact and set an appointment with an attorney for an in person review of the papers you have and your situation. Asking questions on the internet will not solve this problem.

Burton & White 1325 Howe Avenue, Suite 214 Sacramento, CA 95825

Answered on: 8/14/13, 1:34 pm by William Christian

I agree. You need a title report on the propertty to start, and will need counsel to assist in advising you of your rights in the property and any required correction of title.

Rodi Pollock 444 S Flower St Los Angeles, CA 90071