Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

I made an offer on a property, the seller made a counter offer. I accepted. Now the seller claims he can sell it to someone else who made a higher offer. Can he?

Asked on 9/17/13, 6:05 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He can, but he can get sued for breach of contract or specific performance.

Read more
9/17/13, 7:16 pm
Joel Selik
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Assuming it was in writing, he can not do so if you prevent him with a lawsuit.

Read more
9/17/13, 7:31 pm
Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If he does then you can sue for breach of contract and possibly specific performance which means forcing him to sell to you.

Read more
9/18/13, 11:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88333 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now