California  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/22/12, 8:15 pm

I placed money in an LLC which then supposedly lent it to another LLC run by the same people which purchased several out of state homes with the LLC I invested in getting a first deed of trust on the properties. The two people running both LLC's shut down their business office, have never given us their home address, and do not respond [except very infrequently to say they will call us later and then do not] to calls to their cell phone and e-mails. The Secretary of State web site merely shows their old business address [they told us they were shutting down the old office to then find a new one with cheaper rent]. I have checked with other state agencies [AG, Consumer Affairs, Dept. of Corporations] and they have been of no help. I will try the Dept. of Real Estate in case they have real estate licenses.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to find their home addresses?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search