California  |  Real Estate Law

I placed money in an LLC which then supposedly lent it to another LLC run by the same people which purchased several out of state homes with the LLC I invested in getting a first deed of trust on the properties. The two people running both LLC's shut down their business office, have never given us their home address, and do not respond [except very infrequently to say they will call us later and then do not] to calls to their cell phone and e-mails. The Secretary of State web site merely shows their old business address [they told us they were shutting down the old office to then find a new one with cheaper rent]. I have checked with other state agencies [AG, Consumer Affairs, Dept. of Corporations] and they have been of no help. I will try the Dept. of Real Estate in case they have real estate licenses.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to find their home addresses?