California  |  Real Estate Law

My neighbor had a pool built and has a small leak which is draining into my yard causing major problems. I have to pump the water out 3x a day, I've lost a large section of plants, I've hired someone to remove some of the stagnant soil and now my electrical has shorted out. I'm in it sofas $500 and now have to call electrician. The pool guy that installed thier pool told us (after we approached him) that it was a small leak and they finally repaired it.

Are these neighbors responsible for the damages caused in my yard? How do I approach the situation?

Answered on: 6/23/13, 10:56 am by Joel Selik

Yes they are First a polite conversation ask them to contact their insurance company.

www.SelikLaw.com Box 1448 San Diego And Las Vegas, CA 92079

Answered on: 6/23/13, 5:49 pm by Anthony Roach

I agree with Mr. Selik. You are going to have to approach them about the damage sooner or later, otherwise you are going to have to let it go.

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311