California  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/09/13, 11:36 am

I am an owner of a small apartment bldg. I have received complaints from tenants that a has been smoking marijuana at all hours of the day. I have a no drug statement that all my tenants received. I would like to send a 60 day notice to Vacate, but some police friends tell my that I may be sued if the tenant has a medical prescription for the MJ and I try to evict her. I have not been notified of the MJ prescription, nor have I approached the tenant. What can I do. I would want her out.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search