Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

What are the steps to take back a home that I am the bank, I am owner carrying a loan for the buyer on a forrestry owned land that the buyer has defaulted on several payments?

Asked on 9/19/13, 8:30 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You mean you are a hard money lender? It would help to know whether or not the loan is secured, and if it is, how it is secured. This is something that should be discussed with an attorney, rather than on a bulletin board forum like Lawguru.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 8:28 am
William Christian Rodi Pollock
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with Mr Roach. Your proper action depends on the documents reflecting the loan and security terms. If you have a deed of trust, your remedy will, in general, be foreclosure. See an attorney who can advise you based on your circumstances.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 9:47 am
Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If there are security terms attached to the loan then it depends. Are there? In my experience these situations become foreclosures.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 10:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now