Legal Question in Securities Law in California

What happens if my girlfriends parents file a restraining order against me but they give in the wrong name?

Asked on 10/19/11, 12:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Some confusion is likely to result; just how much depends upon the seriousness of the error. A restraining order against Sam Spade is probably void against Neil Diamond but not against Samuel Spade or Sam Spode.

Also, I think if you know there is a restraining order that is intended to apply to you, you must observe it, even if you know or suspect there is a name error; restraining orders and summonses and things of that type don't necessarily have to have the right name when the party to whom it is directed knows it is intended for him.

Read more
Answered on 10/19/11, 9:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Securities Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Securities Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now