California  |  Sexual Harassment

Can I sue my employer for sexual harassment after I have filed a complaint with the fair housing?

Answered on: 7/18/13, 8:34 am by Charles Perry

You can, once you receive a "right to sue" letter from the DFEH.

Law Offices of Charles R. Perry 1500 Bayberry Street Hollister, 95023

Answered on: 7/18/13, 12:20 pm by Kristine Karila

Yes. Call an employment law attorney to discuss the facts of your case. If you have a good case, I advise that let an attorney handle it for you and not he DFEH. Anything you say or write during the DFEH investigation can be used as evidence. If you have an attorney and she/he speaks for you, that is not evidence. The law with regard to sexual harassment is very nuanced. If you have a good case where the harassment was either severe or pervasive (required for a case) and your employer knew about the harassment and did nothing to stop it, call an employment law attorney to discuss. Many attorneys offer a free initial phone consultation and may take your case at no cost to you.

Law Office of Kristine S. Karila 9891 Irvine Center Dr., Ste. 200 Irvine, CA 92618

Answered on: 7/18/13, 12:55 pm by ARMAN MOHEBAN

In addition to your civil lawsuit, you can file for a stress claim that is covered under worker's compensation laws. You may be able to receive psychiatric treatment and disability benefits. Feel free to call us at 213-388-7070 for a free consultation.

LAW OFFICES OF ARMAN MOHEBAN 3055 WILSHIRE BLVD., SUITE 900 Los Angeles, CA 90010