Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in California

We are being sued, along with a local school district, for Sexual Harassment and Bullying. This stems from something our 13 yr old son said about a female classmate to three other students who then told as many kids as they could. The suit alleges that our son was never punished by the school and that he continued to spread these rumors. Our son was made to apologize to the girl in front of the Vice Principal, then suspended from school the next day for 2 days. Does this lawsuit have merit?

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

I'm not sure how you expect us to comment on the merits of a lawsuit when you have provided nearly no information about the facts and evidence in the case.

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Whether it has merit or not will be determined as a result of your attorney bringing various appropriate demurrers and motions on the issues, to be decided by the judge after hearing all the facts and arguments in court. If the court decides there is no merit, they case would be dismissed. If not, then you will remain involved in the litigation until and unless you later obtain dismissal in part or whole, reach settlement or go to trial. If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Iíll be happy to help fight and get the best outcome possible, using whatever defenses and sympathies there may be.

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in California

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms