Legal Question in Social Security Law in California

My friend is 77. He worked a full time, on-site Manager of a 20-room hotel in Los Angeles, CA. from 1993-2010, when he bacame ill and was hospitalized. He does have a SSN, but his card was stolen. I have been to the social security office to get a replacement card, however they require a photo ID. He is weak, unable to go the DMV, and in need of his retirement benefits immediately.

I am suing his former employer for substantial back wages and penalties plus benefits for violation of a myriad of state and federal labor laws. I need a law firm to expedite the receipt of retirement benefits and would be willing to accept a substantial fee upon the receipt of the benefits. This need is immediate.

Asked on 10/12/10, 9:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unless you are a licensed attorney you are breaking the law by attempting to file a lawsuit on his behalf. If your friend has a good case for back wages he should be able to find an attorney, since attorney fees can be recovered from the employer if the plaintiff has an attorney. I don't know what you mean by "you need a law firm to expedite the receipt of benefits." That sounds like the fake-check scam.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/10, 9:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now