Legal Question in Social Security Law in California

My friend is 77. He worked a full time, on-site Manager of a 20-room hotel in Los Angeles, CA. from 1993-2010, when he bacame ill and was hospitalized. He does have a SSN, but his card was stolen. I have been to the social security office to get a replacement card, however they require a photo ID. He is weak, unable to go the DMV, and in need of his retirement benefits immediately.

I am suing his former employer for substantial back wages and penalties plus benefits for violation of a myriad of state and federal labor laws. I need a law firm to expedite the receipt of retirement benefits and would be willing to accept a substantial fee upon the receipt of the benefits. This need is immediate.

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

Unless you are a licensed attorney you are breaking the law by attempting to file a lawsuit on his behalf. If your friend has a good case for back wages he should be able to find an attorney, since attorney fees can be recovered from the employer if the plaintiff has an attorney. I don't know what you mean by "you need a law firm to expedite the receipt of benefits." That sounds like the fake-check scam.

More Social Security Law questions and answers in California