Legal Question in Tax Law in California

if i once had an llc in the state of california, and it had an outstanding tax balance, would i be able to start a new llc in california, before i pay that tax debt? it was for 2 years i didnt pay the 800 fee. will the state come after me personally for that debt?

Asked on 8/08/13, 2:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bruce Givner Givner & Kaye, A Professional Corporation
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The State of California has not had a policy of going after ther owners of LLCs personally for the LLC's failure to pay the minimum franchise tax. There was one exception, and that was a case in which the LLC owners took assets out that might have been otherwise used to pay the franchise tax. So, no, that would not prevent you from starting a new LLC in California.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/13, 1:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now