Legal Question in Tax Law in California

do I need to report money received from a class action suit against a prior employer for unpaid overtime hours when the time the suit covered was 3 years ago?

Asked on 7/10/13, 4:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Christian Rodi Pollock
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. This is income from personal services you received this year, even though the money was earned in a prior year.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 4:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now