California  |  Tax Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/01/13, 2:45 pm

Taxpayer is a non-resident alien ("NRA") who bought California residential property many years ago. NRA's sister and her children have been living at the property since it was bought. NRA is considering either to sell the property (at $400K+ profit) or transfer it at some point to NRA's sister's children (who are US citizens). NRA has no US income. Which option would have the least tax consequences? Thanks!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search