California  |  Traffic Law

I was cited a ticket for violation code 25620 BP with my father because we had red cups on the side walk. 14-year-old kids down below at the beach were drinking beer and partying so that's where the officers were headed. We were above watching all the action, one officer walked by and told me to throw my cup away. I did. 2 minutes later I saw my dad was getting a ticket by the other officer. I walked up and said "why is he getting a ticket?" The officer looked up at me and said "don't worry honey your next". I asked "for what" he ignored me and wrote me the same ticket. Neither officer smelled or tasted our drinks. He just said "red cups are alcohol cups". Wow! Okay, I was pretty upset and plan on fighting this. Problem is we live 9 hours away and I can't really afford to make another trip out of this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Answered on: 7/28/13, 12:28 am by Zadik Shapiro

You are going to have to be present at the trial to testify. You can hire an attorney to make any pretrial appearances on your behalf.

Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro 15 Boardman Pl. San Francisco, CA 94103