Legal Question in Traffic Law in California

Fix it Ticket in California

So I got a fix it ticket for my registration and insurance the Police officer said that I didn't need to go to court if I got everything taken care of... So I got everything paid and got all the things required asked DMV if there was anything else I needed to do for the ticket and they said no... that it was fixed... well I received a letter in the mail a week a go saying that since I didn't go to court I owed 951 dollars and that I could get my license suspended... I went to the Court and told them I did everything I was suppose I figured if I got it straightened out with the DMV that I wouldn't have to go to court.... and they told me I should have still received a letter saying when my court day was.... I didn't receive anything but the letter about me not going to court thats due on the 7th (tomorrow) what do I do now?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Re: Fix it Ticket in California

Go to court and explain why you did not appear sooner. It may be that if you take the proof of taking care of the fix it tickets that the court will dismiss the date and you will not have to do anything more. The Nolo Press book "How to Fight Your Traffic Ticket" may provide some assistance to you in this matter.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in California