Legal Question in Traffic Law in California

I was hit from behind by a motorcycle while in my car in traffic. I was in a rental car and did not have any insurance at the time. Am I liable for any costs of the collision? My rental car was not damaged, but the motor cycle was and the guy has medical cost. Am I in any trouble for not having insurance for a rental in California?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

It appears from the brief description that you were not at fault and no damages to the rental car so you are not likely to be sued. If you were not cited for driving without insurance by now you are not likely to be.

This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter hiring me or my firm.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in California