Legal Question in Traffic Law in California

I recently received a red light camera ticket in the mail and I was not the driver. I am a female and the photo is of a male. The ticket came to me as I am the registered owner. Could I just fill out a Trial by Written Declaration stating that it was not me driving and have it dismissed? Or am I obligated to rat someone out to get my ticket dismissed?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Jacob Kiani Law Office of Jacob I. Kiani

No, you pretty much have to just fill out the form. You don't have to talk to the cops or incriminate someone else or yourself at this point.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in California