Legal Question in Traffic Law in California

I got a red light camera ticket I just ignored like everyone said to, about a year ago. I just received a parking ticket but I want to contest it because I was not parked where the ticket says I was. Can I go about contesting this without the old red light camera ticket coming up?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

No one knows if the red light ticket will come up. Sometimes a ticket will be lost in the process and overlooked. Any court action can result in the ticket coming up and being processed. As I recall the statute of limitations for filing a misdemeanor is 1 year. The red light ticket is an infraction and would also have a one year statute of limitations. Check the Nolo Press book ":How to Fight Your Traffic Ticket" for help.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in California