California  |  Veterans Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/24/12, 1:28 pm

During my 1st enlistment on active duty 1979-1984, I had a motorcylce accident. The base hospital treated me, the V.A. doctor put me on heavy meds for the spinal condition, that occurred after the accident, so I could still fulfill my V.A. contract. I filed for service connected disability on 01/90, and have been denied my benefits now for 23 years. Question: If my original claim for V.A. compensation shows a condition that already existed, and I get approved for my service connected conditions, will the V.A. backpay me for all those years, since the original claim reflects the same conditions?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search