California  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/27/12, 12:16 pm

My brother is the Son-In-Law of a "Settlor" of an estate who suffers from dementia and has been in the care of her daughter (brothers wife) who recently passed away. The "Trust Particulars" section names my brother's deceased spouse and his daughter as successor trustee(s). My brother and his spouse both lived in the same house where they cared for "Mom" the "Settlor" of the estate. Can his daughter transfer the durable power of attorney to her father? Can she name him as an alternate successor as she is? How to go about this?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search