Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

The daughter of the tustor is named in the trust by maiden name. She is now married. When using her name in declination of trustee paper work. should I use her maiden name or her married name? The item will need to be notarized and she would only have ID in her married name

Asked on 8/28/13, 2:18 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jennifer Rouse Meissner Joseph & Palley
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Use an "also known as" in the paperwork.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/13, 2:20 pm
Victor Waid Law Office of Victor Waid
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Jennifer Rouse is correct.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/13, 2:34 pm
Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree as well. The signature should be by the beneficiary using her married name. The text of the document should explain that the name in the trust document is her maiden name.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/13, 12:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now