Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

When I got divorced my ex husband wanted the time share. He had 2 years to remove my name. It is now past the 2 years and he sent me papers to sign. It says it is going from me and him to him and his brother for 10.00. There isn't any specific information saying I won't be held liable and the last page is for my signature and a notary. The problem I have it that is all that is on the last page. I don't know what it can be applied towards. He hasn't been honest so it concerns me. Plus how can I be certain I won't be liable for debt. He and his brother have both filed bankruptcy and would be very happy to screw me over. What can I do to make sure it is legit? The divorced cost me a ton so I don't want to put out more money. Thanks!!!

Victor Waid Law Office of Victor Waid

Consult with your divorce attorney or this may cost you a ton of money more. Your divorce attorney who prepared the settlement agreement should be able to give you the legal advice and answers about your future liability.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California