California  |  Wills and Trusts

I am the Executor of my Fathers Estate and Will. He passed away 9 years ago and his money is in a court ordered blocked account with me as Executor. Everything has been done as far as the final accounting, paying the taxes and his debts with the Executor account back in 2008, and there has been no activity since that time. What do I have to file with the court to get the block taken off of the account and distribute the money to me, my sister, and two step sisters as the Will states? Do I have to have this probated since his will is part of the probate record? I was told that I had to file a Petition for Final Distribution by someone online. After looking at it, all of the things that it asked for have already been done quite a few years ago. This case was filed through Probate court and I have a letter of testamentary. Thanks.

Answered on: 9/03/13, 8:35 am by Jennifer Rouse

You do have to file a final petition with the court to inform it that you have done all the required steps in a probate and get court approval for distribution.

Meissner Joseph & Palley 1555 River Park Drive, Ste 108 Sacramento, CA 95815

Answered on: 9/03/13, 10:31 am by Victor Waid

Jennifer Rouse is correct, a final petition for distribution will be required. Follow her advise, and consult with your attorney to assist you.

Law Office of Victor Waid 777 Campus Commons Rd., Suite 200 Sacramento, CA 95825

Answered on: 9/03/13, 10:34 am by Scott Jordan

You need to file a Petition for Final Distribution.

Jordan Law Office 319 Diablo Road, Suite 202 Danville, CA 94526