California  |  Wills and Trusts

I am the Executor of my Fathers Estate and Will. He passed away 9 years ago and his money is in a court ordered blocked account with me as Executor. Everything has been done as far as the final accounting, paying the taxes and his debts with the Executor account back in 2008, and there has been no activity since that time. What do I have to file with the court to get the block taken off of the account and distribute the money to me, my sister, and two step sisters as the Will states? Do I have to have this probated since his will is part of the probate record? I was told that I had to file a Petition for Final Distribution by someone online, After looking at it, all of the things that it asked for have already been done quite a few years ago. Thanks.

Answered on: 9/03/13, 7:46 am by Anthony Roach

I can't tell from your post whether you did these things on your own outside of probate court, without any letters testamentary issued to you, or have received letters from the court and do not know how to finish up.

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311