Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My grandmother died 10 years ago and I was the trustee.. there was an insurance policy that never paid out and is now going to send a check. However they need a trust id or new social for the trust. How do I get one these?

Asked on 7/17/13, 1:06 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can get a tax ID number at:

Read more
Answered on 7/17/13, 1:33 pm
William Christian Rodi Pollock
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Were you the sole beneficairy? If so give them your SS number. If not, the number would be on any income tax returns the trust filed. If the trust did not file an income tax return, get one from the IRS. Annthony has provided the site.

Bill C

Read more
Answered on 7/17/13, 3:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now