California  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/11/10, 3:53 pm

My grandmother passed away 4 months ago, prior to that my mother took care of her at my moms house for over 17 months without any compensation. Now that she is passed can my mother get any compensation for her taking care of her. My mom and her sister split my grandmothers money down the middle, but is my mother intitled to more, because of taking care of her.

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/16/10, 11:29 pm by George Shers

Legally, no. Unless she had an agreement that she would be paid she was doing her duty as a child to her mother and would be considered a volunteer. She could ask her sister if she would give her a large share but I am sure she would be upset and it might not be worth worsening any relationship them have. Money is thicker than blood.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Georges H. Shers 4170 Glenwood Terrace, Suite #1 Union City, CA 94587

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search