California  |  Wills and Trusts

I live in California and my dad was staying out here with his girlfriend, he was visiting from Oklahoma, he died last week and the things he left to me were his guns(plural) mostly handguns, and i am pretty sure that they are in storage still in Oklahoma. My question would be on how should i get them here? Is it legal to have them shipped? or would it be in my best interest to drive out and get them? I don't even know if it would be legal to fly out and then fly back with them as part of the Checked luggage?

I wasn't sure which area of law to choose for this question if its the wrong section, I'm sorry, maybe someone can point me to the correct area of law to ask in if this one cannot help? Any information would be helpful, Thank you!

Answered on: 9/10/13, 9:03 am by Victor Waid

You will need to follow California law as to how import the arms into this state and howe to register them.

Law Office of Victor Waid 777 Campus Commons Rd., Suite 200 Sacramento, CA 95825