California  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/09/13, 6:45 pm

I live in California and my dad was staying out here with his girlfriend, he was visiting from Oklahoma, he died last week and the things he left to me were his guns(plural) mostly handguns, and i am pretty sure that they are in storage still in Oklahoma. My question would be on how should i get them here? Is it legal to have them shipped? or would it be in my best interest to drive out and get them? I don't even know if it would be legal to fly out and then fly back with them as part of the Checked luggage?

I wasn't sure which area of law to choose for this question if its the wrong section, I'm sorry, maybe someone can point me to the correct area of law to ask in if this one cannot help? Any information would be helpful, Thank you!

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/10/13, 9:03 am by Victor Waid

You will need to follow California law as to how import the arms into this state and howe to register them.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Victor Waid 777 Campus Commons Rd., Suite 200 Sacramento, CA 95825

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search